Who is Sawyer Brook Distinctive Fabrics??
We are a mail order fashion fabric service providing high quality, unique fabrics to the home and professional sewer. To learn more about Sawyer Brook, visit our About Us page.
Can I place my order over the phone??
Call Us Toll-Free: We welcome orders placed on our toll-free line, 1-800-290-2SEW (2739). Our experienced and friendly staff will be happy to assist you in completing your order.
Plus: When you call, you will speak with one of our Fabric Specialists to help answer any questions you may have about our fabrics and other products specific to your garment construction needs.
How do I enter the number of yards I need for my fabric??
All fabrics are sold in yards. If you need to convert from Meters, use the following equation:
1 Meter = 1.09361 Yards
Example: If you need 3.2 Meters, multiply 3.2 x 1.09361 = 3.5 yards
When entering yards on the product page, you may use either a decimal format or a fractional format. Please use the following formats:
What is "Best Match Service" ??
Best Match Service is a service provided by Sawyer Brook where we select on your behalf the best matching items you request.
For example, if you want matching thread with your fabric, we will do all the work to find just the right color for your fabric from our thread inventory. Just tell us how many rolls of thread you like, and we add them to your order automatically.
Is "Best Match Service" Free??
Best Match Service is a free service provided by Sawyer Brook, however the matching products we add to your order are not.
For Example: If you want us to send you matching buttons you will be billed for the number of buttons you need for your project.
Typically the prices for each matching item are listed on the add-to-cart page. If you would like us to match something that is not listed, your order will be placed on hold while we determine the cost of the items and then we will send you an email to verify your total purchase price before we charge your card.
After you approve the amount, we will then begin processing your order.
Can I order A Specific Fabric Swatch??
Yes! For instructions, checkout our guide to ordering a swatch online »
What if an item I order is out of stock??
In the event we are out of stock of any or all of your order, we will advise you by e-mail of your order status and options, if any. You will not be charged for any order until we verify that all of the items are in stock and ready to ship.
What payment methods do you accept??
We accept the following major credit cards:
We also accept Paypal as well as personal checks sent via paper mail from U.S residents only.
Your card is not charged until your order has entered the final fulfillment process. We do our absolute best to post the correct prices to our web site.
Occasionally, an incorrect price is posted. If the actual price is lower than the amount posted, we correct the price and ship the item. If the correct price is higher than that posted, we will contact you for further instructions.
Is my personal information secure when I place my order??
Yes. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you order with us. The secure server software (SSL) used in our online store is the industry standard for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. You will notice a “padlock” icon in your web browser once you log-in to place your order. This symbol means that all of the information you enter will be sent to us securely.
What are your shipping rates??
We make it our business to ship your order using the method which best balances speed of delivery with cost.
When will my order ship??
We want to remind you that we are a custom cut fashion fabric business. We are not a pick, pack and ship operation. Every order is a custom order.
What does this mean for you?
- Your order will be prioritized by date and time of receipt. We honor that priority in all we do.
- Your credit card will not be charged until we are sure we can fill your fabric order, including all best match items. Your fabric order is then custom cut to your specifications.
- Our goal is to fill your order within 3 business days, but certain factors may affect our ability to meet this goal.
What slows down order fulfillment?
- A flood of orders within several days can prevent us from meeting our time tables. How You Can Help: If you absolutely must have your order by a specific date, please let us know when you place your order. We will do our best to expedite it. You can also choose a faster shipping option, but that alone will not let us know that you also want it expedited. This does not jeopardize fabric availability for orders that were placed earlier.
- Sometimes we have less fabric than you requested. We want you to have first dibs on the last cut, so we contact you with the information and wait for your decision.
- Sometimes order information including payment and/or delivery address is inaccurate. Please double-check your online entries before hitting the submit button. How You Can Help: When we contact you via phone or email, your quick response to our questions will move your order along more expeditiously.
Please note that we are a Monday-Friday warehouse. When calculating how long it will take to get your order, omit Sat/Sun as fulfillment days. We are always happy to let you know the status of your order via phone or email.
Where can I find your Return Policy??
How do I check my membership status online??
You can find your current distinctive touch+ membership status by logging into your online account and going to the My Account page (find the link on the top navigation area). Your membership status will be shown at the top of the page.
Note: If you have an active membership that is not shown on your Account page, your online shopping account may not be “linked” yet to your Sawyer Brook customer record. Please see the instructions below for connecting your account.
Where can I find an explanation of fabric care instructions??
Our product descriptions often contain a “care code” indicating the suggested preparation, washing and care techniques for that item. We have a page explaining each code here: Fabric Preparation and Care.