By Appointment Only – Limit of two customers per visit!
Appointments may be scheduled on:
Tuesday – Tuesday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
Friday: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am – 2:00pm
Sunday & Monday : Closed
Visitors are required by law to wear face masks to enter the showroom.
Call 1 (800) 290-2739
to schedule your visit or use the form below:
Schedule a Visit:
New England Showroom
Although we are primarily a mail-order business, we do maintain a warehouse showroom where local customers are welcome to come in and browse through fabric remnants or view full pieces from our current collections.
We will be receiving local shoppers at our showroom starting June 16th, 2020 – by appointment only! Local shoppers may also place their order online and pickup at the store during the posted open hours. Please call ahead of arriving to the store to pickup your order.
What you’ll find in our local showroom…
- Current and past season collections
- Truly distinctive buttons for garments
- Newest fabrics to arrive in the warehouse
- Blacks, whites, navies and browns
- Linings, Interfacings, Shoulder Pads
- Over 100 colors of YKK zippers in skirt and dress length
As we are a working warehouse, we ask that you call or e-mail ahead to let us know you are coming–the better to serve you.
If you are coming a distance, we highly recommend that you phone or e-mail us to be certain we will be available to serve you. If you are coming with a group, please call ahead to make arrangements.
Get directions to our fabric warehouse – located in Metro-West Boston, Boston Post Rd East (RT20), Marlborough, Massachusetts near Sudbury and Framingham.
- Tips for your visit – from years of experience with our customers, we’ve made a list of helpful tips to consider before coming to shop.
- Local eateries – Local restaurants for lunch from sandwich shops to fine dining
Tips for your visit:
Planning to Visit Our Local Showroom?
From serving customers in the showroom for a number of years, we’ve made a list of helpful tips to consider before coming to shop.
Don’t leave home without…
- Yardage requirements differ according to fabric width–we’ll be happy to help you convert if necessary.
- Planning alterations? Bring a list of individual yardage requirements based on your alterations – are you adding or subtracting length? Changing the style of the pattern might add/subtract yardage too. Let us assist you in re-evaluating your pattern.
- Notions list for each garment including interfacing, lining, shoulder pads, zippers and buttons. Take advantage of our Best Match service to find the ideal combination of fashion fabric and support.
- Bring swatches of anything that you want to match or coordinate including partially completed garments needing notions, or swatches from your stash. Don’t forget to bring swatches of items you’ve made so you can choose coordinates for finished jackets, pants, etc.
- Do you love buttons? We have a fabulous assortment of buttons from basic to exotic. We have found that once people see our button collection, they often wish they had brought jackets, sweaters, blouses, etc. that need a fresh look. Rather than carrying the garments, snip a swatch from the seam or find a fabric in your stash that matches the color and flavor of the item. If you are replacing buttons, be sure to measure the buttonhole! In the meantime, visit our online button shop.
- Remember, buttons aren’t just for fabric – bring knitted swatches for sweaters in progress.
If you’ve had your colors analyzed, bring along your palette and we’ll work with you to find the right colors for your wardrobe.
Some people like to bring pictures of garments they wish to replicate. But be careful, matching colors from photos is not entirely accurate.
We look forward to meeting you!
Remember, please call ahead so that we can offer you the best service during your visit.
- Please call ahead. We are open by appointment only.
- Parking is available right in front of our store.
Sawyer Brook Distinctive Fabrics
1031 Boston Post Rd East
Marlborough, MA 01752
Directions from the North
Take route 495 South to Exit 24A (Route 20 East, Marlborough). Follow Route 20 for about 5 miles until you reach the plaza for Stephen Anthony Restaurant on your right. Our store is located in the same plaza around the back of the far left building!
Directions from the South
Take route 495 North to Exit 24A (Route 20 East, Marlborough). Follow Route 20 for about 5 miles until you reach the plaza for Stephen Anthony Restaurant on your right. Our store is located in the same plaza around the back of the far left building!
Directions from the West
Take 290 East to 495 South to Exit 24A (Route 20 East, Marlborough). Follow Route 20 for about 5 miles until you reach the plaza for Stephen Anthony Restaurant on your right. Our store is located in the same plaza around the back of the far left building!
Directions from the East
Take Route 20 West towards Marlborough until you reach the plaza for Stephen Anthony Restaurant on your left. Our store is located in the same plaza around the back of the far left building!