10:00am – 4:00pm
10:00am – 4:00pm
Call 1 (800) 290-2739
Schedule a Visit:
New England Showroom
Although we are primarily a mail-order business, we do maintain a warehouse showroom where local customers are welcome to come in and browse through fabric remnants or view full pieces from our current collections.
Open to the public and located in Clinton, Massachusetts, our local showroom is overflowing with fabrics and buttons – stop in and visit!
What you’ll find in our local showroom…
- Current and past season collections
- Our fabulous remnant room
- Truly distinctive buttons for garments
- Newest fabrics to arrive in the warehouse
- Blacks, whites, navies and browns
- Linings, Interfacings, Shoulder Pads
- Over 100 colors of YKK zippers in skirt and dress length
As we are a working warehouse, we ask that you call or e-mail ahead to let us know you are coming–the better to serve you.
If you are coming a distance, we highly recommend that you phone or e-mail us to be certain we will be available to serve you. If you are coming with a group, please call ahead to make arrangements.
Get directions to our fabric warehouse – located in central Massachusetts near Worcester and Marlborough
- Tips for your visit – from years of experience with our customers, we’ve made a list of helpful tips to consider before coming to shop.
- Local eateries – Local restaurants for lunch from sandwich shops to fine dining
Tips for your visit:
From serving customers in the showroom for a number of years, we’ve made a list of helpful tips to consider before coming to shop.
Don’t leave home without…
- Yardage requirements differ according to fabric width–we’ll be happy to help you convert if necessary.
- Planning alterations? Bring a list of individual yardage requirements based on your alterations – are you adding or subtracting length? Changing the style of the pattern might add/subtract yardage too. Let us assist you in re-evaluating your pattern.
- Notions list for each garment including interfacing, lining, shoulder pads, zippers and buttons. Take advantage of our Best Match service to find the ideal combination of fashion fabric and support.
- Bring swatches of anything that you want to match or coordinate including partially completed garments needing notions, or swatches from your stash. Don’t forget to bring swatches of items you’ve made so you can choose coordinates for finished jackets, pants, etc.
- Do you love buttons? We have a fabulous assortment of buttons from basic to exotic. We have found that once people see our button collection, they often wish they had brought jackets, sweaters, blouses, etc. that need a fresh look. Rather than carrying the garments, snip a swatch from the seam or find a fabric in your stash that matches the color and flavor of the item. If you are replacing buttons, be sure to measure the buttonhole! In the meantime, visit our online button shop.
- Remember, buttons aren’t just for fabric – bring knitted swatches for sweaters in progress.
If you’ve had your colors analyzed, bring along your palette and we’ll work with you to find the right colors for your wardrobe.
Some people like to bring pictures of garments they wish to replicate. But be careful, matching colors from photos is not entirely accurate.
Remember, please call ahead so that we can offer you the best service during your visit.
- Please call ahead for hours. We are open on Wednesdays between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm. Also, on the first Saturday of every month.
- Parking is available across the train tracks. Additional parking can be found on Parker Street. We have a separate entrance door from the rest of the building, located across the train tracks.
Sawyer Brook Distinctive Fabrics
55 Sterling Street
Clinton, MA 01510
Take route 495 South to Exit 27 (Route 117, Bolton). Follow Route 117 through Bolton to junction of Route 110. Take left and follow Route 110 into Clinton. At lights at Water Street follow sign for Route 110, making a right turn. At next set of lights (Main St.) go straight. You are now on Sterling Street. Just over railroad tracks on right is 55 Sterling Street.
Take route 495 North to Exit 26. Follow signs for Berlin/Clinton. Proceed on Route 62 through Berlin to junction of Routes 62 and 70. Turn right on 62/70 toward Clinton. Continue on 62/70 past Clinton Center (High Street) to junction of Route 110 (Dunkin’ Donuts on your right). Turn right on to Main Street. Go straight through sets of lights at fire station. Go under train trestle and at first light, turn left on to Sterling Street. Just over railroad tracks on right is 55 Sterling Street.
Take Mass Pike (Route 90) to Route 290 East. Follow 290 and take Exit 24 (Church Street, Northboro/Boylston). Take left off exit ramp and follow Church St./Central St. to junction of Route 70. Follow Route 70 into Clinton. Continue around Clinton Center to junction of Route 110 (Dunkin’ Donuts on your right). Continue as above “From the South.”
Take Route 2 or Route 3 to Route 495 and follow “From the North” or take Mass Pike to Route 495 and follow “From the South.”